Found this over at Theo’s. Thought I would enjoy copying it, I did.
“Fiscal Cliff” put into perspective.
* U.S. Tax revenue: $2,170,000,000,000
* Fed budget: $3,820,000,000,000
* New debt: $1,650,000,000,000
* National debt: $14,271,000,000,000
* Recent budget cuts: $38,500,000,000
Let’s now remove 8 zeros and pretend it’s a houshold budget:
* Annual family income: $21,700
* Money the family spent: $38,200
* New debt on the credit card: $16,500
* Outstanding balance on the credit card: $38.50
Got it??…….OK now,
Here’s another way to look at the Debt Ceiling:
Let’s say, you come home from work and find there has been a sewer backup in your neighborhood…
and your home has sewage all the way up to your ceilings.
What do you think you should do…
Raise the ceilings, or remove the shit?